Sunday, December 4, 2011

Over Organizing = Clean Home?

I've been reading a lot about de-cluttering from this blog. I have found it very helpful and inspiring to the point that I have removed 4-5 30gal trash bins worth on unnecessary items. Some was trash, most of donated and some was given to friends and family.  Taking it a bit at a time has really helped instead of tackling it full speed ahead and running out of energy. I have also taken "A Do It Now" path with cleaning and keeping the house clean.  If I see something out of place I take care of it right then.  Each night before I go to bed I double check that everything has been picked up and then I lay out a new dish cloth and hand towel in the kitchen.  It helps staying on top of the dishes easier since the towels are fresh and clean. Every morning I make the bed pick up anything that got missed the night before.

Here's my husband's over organized  t-shirt drawer.  I am always looking for ways to organized his stuff that he'll put them away or when he pulls something out they don't all come out and the drawer can't be closed.  I also color coordinated them and he's closet too but it all just looks blue.


 

I found the this idea on this blog. I love how quirking and truthful she is.   Her love of thrift shopping matches mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment